Whether you are planning your child’s birthday party, hosting an event, or serving dinner after a long day, the mother-daughter duo behind Kitsch ‘n Whimsy has #GotYouCovered!
Keep reading to get to know us both! We are so excited to get to know you!
Hello, I'm Jodie!
I originally created Kitsch ‘n Whimsy as a creative outlet to express my love of fabric, bold color and busy prints. I quickly realized that an apron would be the perfect garment where those three loves could be expressed and accepted by women around the world. I have enjoyed creating fashionable apron designs to help women feel great even when the task isn’t so glamorous. I also find it very gratifying to help hostesses turn their ordinary parties into extra special events.
I’ve got a background in design as well as 20 years of experience in sewing construction and business development. I have been in the entrepreneurial space since my early adulthood, and fell in love with our apron business when it began 9 years ago.
When I’m not working at my business, I can be found relaxing on the lake, traveling with my husband, or spending time with my family. Want to know more? Here are 3 fun facts about me!
1. With a father in the military and a husband in International business, I have had the privilege and opportunity to live and travel in many different countries. I grew up moving around and even attended 3 different high schools.
2. I have two brothers, one who is 3 years younger and one who is 18 years younger than me! My youngest brother also has his own online creative business! It’s one of the things that has helped us bridge such a huge age gap!
3. My mother taught me how to sew when I was a preteen. The first thing I can remember making was a pair of pleated pants with suspenders. While I was still in high school I even made my own prom dress! Having had the skill of sewing passed down to me, I always knew I wanted to pass it on to my own children as well.
Hello, I'm Krystal!
I create aprons, accessories, and decor for people who are totally into fashion and entertaining. I provide our customers with products, tools, and ideas to help them turn their special moments - be it a birthday party, a hosted event, or date night at home - into extravagant occasions. I provide them with products, tools, and ideas to help make their visions a reality.
After college, I worked in the corporate world and gained experience in event planning and business management. In 2014, I left my corporate job to pursue my dreams of entrepreneurship. I love bringing my expertise of the digital world to our company and I strive to help Kitsch 'n Whimsy make a big impact on social media and the web.
When I am not creating products or working in the digital space, I can be found spending time with my husband and daughter, playing outside, or organizing. Want to know more? Here are 3 things fun facts about me:
1. I am a huge dork! I love anime, superheroes, and dressing up for conventions like Youmacon or Comicon.
2. Having two entrepreneurial parents, I grew up wanting to be anything BUT a business woman. It wasn’t until I worked in the corporate world that I learned how much I love and gravitate towards business… and how badly I wanted to work for myself.
3. My mother taught me to sew when I was a little girl, just like her mom taught her. There is something so special to me about this skill passing from woman to woman in my family. Though she is only 1 right now, I can’t wait to pass the sewing skill down to my daughter someday too!
Be sure to subscribe to our mailing list where we will keep you up to date on our new products, exclusive content, promotions and more. Subscribe today to get a FREE Kid-Friendly Owl Pillow Sewing Pattern. Let’s keep the skill of sewing in all of our families!
Feeling a little more social? Drop us a line on our Facebook or Twitter pages. We would love to hear from you!
It’s been so nice getting to know you! We hope you stay connected to us!