“Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgiving, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.” – William Arthur Ward
Reflecting on the people, places, and things that bring us true blessings in our lives is something that we should always be doing. However, it is easy to get caught up in the day to day tasks and deadlines that leave us stressed out and thinking of anything but gratitude.
That’s why we love when November rolls around. The month of November, and the days leading up to the Thanksgiving holiday remind us to take a moment in our day to reflect on what we are grateful for. It is only once we start noticing the people in our lives, the things we currently have, and the lessons we are learning in our daily challenges that we truly begin to see just how wonderful our lives already are.
Today, we want to help you and your family cultivate an attitude of gratitude. We have put together a 30-Day Gratitude Journal PDF that you can download and print for free! The journal has a space for putting the “owner’s” name on it, so each member of your family can have their own!
We designed the cover of our journal to have a graphic foliage pattern that can be colored in or left black and white. I colored mine in because I am a huge fan of tons of color!
The inside of the book contains pages to document 3 things you are grateful for, 3 people you are grateful for, and the day’s challenge & what you are learning from it for each of the 30 days.
The final page of the book is a reflection of the whole experience. We have included four question prompts to help get you thinking about the gratitude experience as a whole and how you can take the experience further
We hope you love using this journal as much as we do! We are excited to really work on cultivating an attitude of gratitude this month and to continue the experience throughout the remainder of the year. Please, let us know how the experience is for you!
Instructions for Downloading & Printing:
- Download the Gratitude Journal – Book Cover and print on card stock paper. Color if you wish, write your name on the line, and then fold in half.
- Download the Gratitude Journal – Inside Cover and print on regular printer paper. Place document back in printer so you can print the next sheet on the backside of the Inside Cover.
- Download the Gratitude Journal – Inside Page and print on the backside of the Inside Cover. Then, print 7 copies double sided (so you will end up with 7 pages printed on front and back).
- Fold all inside sheets in half. Arrange the pages inside the cover and staple in place (or hole punch and tie with yarn) at the book seam.
- Fill out the journal each night for 30 days. Then complete the reflection page on the last day!
We hope you have a great week and can’t wait to see you back on Friday, where we will show you 5 Awesome Gratitude Crafts for Kids! Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our mailing list before you go!
Until next time,