April showers are officially here, along with some great ideas for baby and bridal showers focused around this season’s weather. I have been researching and putting together a whole guide to throwing an April Showers Baby OR Bridal Shower (coming later this week), and in my research, I came across some adorable cloud/raindrop paper art that I thought would make a cute party favor bag. I got all my art supplies together, and now today I have this fantastic DIY favor bag tutorial to share with you!
April Showers DIY Party Favor Bag
- Construction Paper – 5 sheets of White & 2 sheets Blue (2 shades – 1 of each)
- Brown Paper Bag (Or other plain gift bag)
- Cloud Template & Raindrop Template
- 1 Sheet white construction paper with printed saying
- The first thing you will need to do is to print off a cloud and raindrop template. You can either use mine by clicking HERE, or you can simply find an image of both on an internet image search and print off in the size you want. If you would like your bag to say something in the cloud, then you will also want to type up what you want it to say and increase the wording size to fit inside the cloud template. Once you have your template printed, trace the cloud onto your paper with your wording on it (that way you can be sure it is centered on the cloud.
- Next, gather up all of your white sheets of paper. Cut the cloud shape out of all five sheets. You should now have 5 cloud shapes, 1 of the 5 with your saying on it.
- Starting with the cloud shape that has your saying on it, fold the shape in half.
- Next, apply glue to the back side of 1/2 of the folded cloud.
- Next, take a second cloud shape and glue it to half of your first cloud shape. Be sure to match up the edges so the pieces are put together exactly
- Now, apply glue to the opposite side of the first cloud (with your saying on it), and glue that half of the cloud to your third cloud piece. You will see the backside of the cloud in the picture below. Once the second and third clouds are glued to the first, I then proceeded to fold the second and third clouds in half.
- Repeat the gluing steps (4-6) from above to glue your fourth and fifth clouds to your second and third. Then fold your forth and fifth clouds in half. Your cloud is now completed.
- Next, you should fold down the top edge of your brown paper bag so that you know where to position the cloud for when your gift is closed. You can skip this step if you are using a regular plain gift bag.
- Apply glue to the backside of your completed cloud (this would be the second, unglued halves of your fourth and fifth cloud cut outs). Glue cloud onto the top of your bag, position it however you like.
- Next, using your raindrop template, cut out two raindrop shapes for every raindrop you will have on your bag.
- Fold each raindrop shape in half and then glue half of one raindrop shape to half of a second raindrop shape. This will form one raindrop.
- Now all you need to do is glue the raindrops onto your bag. Position however you like! And now you should have a completed favor bag/gift bag that looks something like the one I show below!
What do you think? Do you like the idea of making your own, special favor bags OR gift bags? Tell us in the comments section!